Activated alumina is generally obtained by heating and dehydrating aluminum hydroxide. Aluminium hydroxide, also called hydrated alumina, has a chemical composition of Al2O3.nH2O, and is usually classified into alumina trihydrate and alumina monohydrate depending on the number of crystal water contained. After the aluminum hydroxide is heated and dehydrated, γ-Al 2 O 3 can be obtained. That is, the activated alumina is generally referred to.
Activated alumina belongs to the category of chemical alumina and is mainly used in adsorbents, water purifiers, catalysts and catalyst supports. Activated alumina has a selective adsorption power for gases, water vapor and certain liquids. After the adsorption is saturated, the water can be removed by heating at about 175 to 315 ° C to be revived. Adsorption and reactivation can be performed multiple times. In addition to being used as a desiccant, it can also adsorb vapors of lubricating oil from contaminated oxygen, hydrogen, carbon dioxide, natural gas, and the like. It can also be used as a catalyst and catalyst carrier and a chromatography analysis carrier. It can be used as a fluorine removal agent for high fluorine drinking water (except for large fluorine capacity), defluorination agent for circulating alkane in alkylbenzene production, deacidification regenerant for transformer oil, used as oxygen production industry, textile industry, gas drying in electronics industry. The drying of automatic instrument winds and desiccant and purifying agent in the fertilizer, petrochemical drying and other industries (dew point up to -40 ° C), the pressure dew point in the air separation industry can reach -55 ° C. It is a high-efficiency desiccant for deep drying of trace water. Ideal for use in non-thermal regeneration units.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Adsorbent - silica gel
- Adsorbent - Alumina
- Adsorbent - activated carbon
- Adsorbent - zeolite molecular sieve
- Adsorbent - carbon molecular sieve
- Common desiccant
- Desiccant classification
- Static drying
- Dynamic drying
- Desiccant application
- What is Alumina polishing powder
- High Purity Alumina Powder and High temperature...
- activated alumina adsorbents and catalyst subst...
- Activated Alumina for Chemical Processes and En...
- who produce the qualified activated alumina for...
- Status of activated alumina in automobile exhau...
- Workshop-activated alumina-Zibo Xiangrun and Sh...
- activated alumina desiccant for air separation
- Alumina with Potassium Permanganate Purple Pellet
- Activated alumina beads price