Activated aluminas are produced from feedstocks by controlled thermal treatment in order to eliminate most of the water in the crystal lattice. The resulting crystal phase is XR activated alumina, gamma alumina with a boehmite crystal structure.
Specific features of XR activated alumina:
Large Specific Surface Area
High Pore Volume
Defined Pore Size Distribution
Specific Catalytic Reactivity
Specific Adsorptive Capacity
High Crushing Strength and therefore, Low Dust Formation
XR activated alumina applications:
In order to solve specific adsorption or catalytic problems, Compalox can be modified as a tailor-made product by variation of the activation process or by using dopants meeting the customer's requirements.
Typical applications of XR activated alumina include:
Desiccant (Drying of Organic and Inorganic Gases and Liquids)
Catalyst in Hydrogen Peroxide Production
Purification of Process Gases and Liquids
Enrichment and Recovery of Defined Substances from Diluted Systems
Acid and Residue Monomer Adsorption in Reaction Streams based upon Gases or Liquids
Water Purification by the Adsorption of Arsenic, Fluoride, Phosphate and Heavy Metals
Related Industry Knowledge
- Adsorbent - silica gel
- Adsorbent - Alumina
- Adsorbent - activated carbon
- Adsorbent - zeolite molecular sieve
- Adsorbent - carbon molecular sieve
- Common desiccant
- Desiccant classification
- Static drying
- Dynamic drying
- Desiccant application
- who produce the qualified activated alumina for...
- Status of activated alumina in automobile exhau...
- Workshop-activated alumina-Zibo Xiangrun and Sh...
- activated alumina desiccant for air separation
- Alumina with Potassium Permanganate Purple Pellet